Saturday 28 April 2012

Ten Thousand Words, plus endnotes


1

2




3




4

1 In April, I spent a few days at the Folger Shakespeare Library. The Cherry Blossom season was already nearly over, and the season of construction was in full swing.

2 I also visited Boston, mostly for an enormous Shakespeare conference with well over a thousand attendees. The Boston Public Library had a book sale, but I bought not a single book, due to travel restrictions.

3 After a two-hour flight delay in Amsterdam, I made it back home for the second half of our Easter service. Our church had been decorated as the desert in Lent, but flowers had sprung up in the wilderness and it was beautiful. It was particularly meaningful to spend some of Easter with our Church family. I. bought me an Easter Egg (the British tradition) and lilies and made a delicious slow-roast lamb in our broken oven.

4 After a delightful time at the wedding of two friends, I. and I spent a lazy Saturday bumbling around Fife visiting Historic Scotland properties. We particularly liked Aberdour Castle and Gardens with their lovely view across the Forth River to Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment