Sunday 12 December 2010

DPP 12: Going A-Caroling

In mid-December of each year I have been at St Andrews, the University has sponsored a carol service for as many students and staff members as are able to fit into Holy Trinity Church without breaking the fire code. This was the first year that I've actually made it into the building (I didn't try during my M.Litt year, being at that time slightly more concerned with three essays with looming deadlines and a laptop cord that was trying to light itself on fire). This feat of entrance was accomplished by arriving at 6.45 for the 8.00 service and waiting in the queue until nearly half past 7 (we were joined by friends for the latter half of this time). Tonight I offer two photographs: the interior of the church, decorated for Christmas and filled with eager young students, and a random cupcake Isaac and I were given while we queued. Great elegant things, and small delicious ones: neither Isaac nor I could decide between the two; both blessed us very much tonight.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful beautiful....i'm very uneducated...very is this church located??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in St Andrews, Scotland--not the oldest church in town, but pretty aged (John Knox once preached here, as legend goes).

    ReplyDelete