Tuesday 2 December 2014

DPP 02: Herbal Blessings

I thought last week that the hardest part of the December Photo Project this year would be finding things to photograph. Most of the scenic views that we see on a daily basis are ones I already photographed last year, and I hate the inside of our house.

Thanksgiving is over, but it is time for me to be grateful.

Something I love about our current house is that it has lots of space surrounding it, and that our landlord is willing to let us experiment with plants. Basil and mint flourished in the front of our house this year, and I. grew tomatoes and squash in the backyard, but now that the colder winter has come, the other plants have all fallen before the might of the rosemary (a good British roasting vegetable). As I snapped this photograph to me, it occurred to me for the very first time that rosemary actually looks quite a lot like the bristles of an evergreen tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment