Sunday 15 December 2013

DPP 15: Careers Play

This month, my husband and I have been trying to spend some time together that doesn't involve screens. Instead, we've resorted to the old-fashioned version of quality time: board games. In particular, I. has shown a fondness for Careers, which I've loved since childhood. Players establish goals (like priorities) in three areas: money, fame, and happiness, and then move around the board (and in and out of various careers) collecting money (straightfoward), fame (stars), and happiness (hearts). The goal of the game is to meet one's initial goal in all three categories, but we also have a lot of fun reading out the descriptions on each square.


Yesterday, my short jaunt in the Hollywood corner was my downfall: the square in focus in this photograph (just to the left of the "H") reads "Scandal . . . score 10 [fame points], but lose ALL your Happiness." We thought it was rather apt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment