Thursday 5 December 2013

DPP Day 5: Light Path to Laughter

I was so weary last night. We arrived home at 5 p.m. and I sat and waited for my evening event, which was a Womens' Fellowship dinner at church. I very seriously considered skipping the fellowship in favour of going to bed early, but I went.

The path to the Fellowship Hall was lined with candles in large jars (not quite luminaria, but they looked the same from a distance). At first I thought the tealights were taped to the tops of the jars, but they actually just put a single taper candle into each jar and let them burn down over the course of the evening.


In all our travels, I. and I. have been particularly blessed by God's providence in giving us numerous and wonderful church homes, and our current church is no exception. A night of laughter and prayer was exactly what I needed last night.

God is good. (Also, Lutherans do White Elephant exchanges like none I have ever before seen. Fascinating).

No comments:

Post a Comment