Tuesday 10 December 2013

DPP Day 10: Too Cool to Skip School

Though I paused for a few meals today, I've essentially been grading essays and quizzes; designing tests, projects, and learning objectives; and teaching classes or attending meetings for sixteen hours. I started at 4.00 this morning and left school (after a meeting with the Board) at 20.00. This is unusually late for my current school, though I've endured much worse at my other schools.

All that to say that I've not had time for artistic insights, and today's photos reflect not clever images or beautiful scenery, but two of the most essential research tools in my classroom: my decades-old encyclopedias (the first encyclopedias some of my students have ever held in their hands) and my secondhand dictionaries (used almost every day, though the print is atrocious).



Aesthetically insignificant, but essential to my daily sanity, these are.

No comments:

Post a Comment