Tuesday 3 December 2013

DPP Day 3: Two Pretty Things

For all the other ways in which I am sometimes frustrated by life here, we have been very fortunate to have a place to live--both broadly and specifically--that is very pretty, especially at sunset.

Here's a small fraction of tonight's sunset:


Recently I've been discovering tricks of Spotify, which I thought had an absurdly low number of foreign-language songs until I discovered how to search for them.

Zbigniew Preisner has long been one of my favourite musicians (I deeply love his Requiem for my Friend album), but I've just found his Christmas album Moje Koledy, and his version of the "Koleda dla Piotr" ("Carol for Peter") is breathtaking. (Also, foreign-melody Christmas music feels so much less trite than the American tunes that have been blaring in stores since All Saints' Day).

No comments:

Post a Comment