Tuesday 13 December 2011

[Belated] DPP Day 13: No Place Like Home

Yesterday was a long day. I rushed to the library, flew through my manuscripts, bolted a tea, dashed to the train, and flew back to Scotland, Isaac in tow. There were few opportunities for photographs that wouldn't have been creepy to those crammed alongside me on public transport or otherwise generally not permitted, and I was weary long before I even left the library.

Edinburgh welcomed us with open arms, which in Edinburgh often translates to sleeting rain. Not to worry: we clambered onto the bus, I snapped this very unglamorous photo of "home" (which Edinburgh considers Arthur's Seat at sunset, though that sight is not visible from our flat), and the bus kindly dropped us off right outside our front door, keeping us warm and dry along the journey. I miss London--or, particularly, the amazing books she keeps locked in her libraries and archives--but I shall return, and it is good, at last, to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment