Thursday 22 December 2011

DPP Day 22: Sun Light, Sun Bright

In photography, timing can be everything, and today's photograph was a masterpiece of timing. Last night was the longest night of the year, and the past week or so, although the weather has been warm and the rain has stayed scarce, has been a week of beautiful, billowy, grey clouds. Today the sunbeams reached through the clouds on two separate (but brief) occasions, and on the latter of these, I was speedy enough to grab my camera out of my bag and photograph the resulting sunbeams and shadows before they faded away.


Although my library carrel did have an awesome view over the Lothian hills (pictured in yesterday's photograph), the image captured in this photograph more or less reflects my day (I read all but four of the books pictured), which was mostly spent working very hard on research for my thesis and, later, grading student essays from my online course. No rest for the weary, they say, whomever 'they' is.

No comments:

Post a Comment