Tuesday 5 December 2017

[Belated] DPP 04: Candles in the Night


Last night, I did not photo blog; rather, I went to bed.
Last night, I did not grade past 9 p.m.; instead, I went to bed.

Something I am practising in this season of my life is rest. I know that most of the people who participate in the DPP are moms who don't have the luxury of going to bed at 9 p.m. For years, I stayed up to do one more project, or to grade one more stack of papers.

This semester, even with dreadful, ominous deadlines looming, I have been intentionally making a practice of going on walks (yes, even when there is grading to be done!) and going to bed (again, even when there is grading to be done!). Sometimes it is hard to sleep, because I lie awake contemplating the work that does need to be done, but I am practising prioritizing health and rest and family and time with the people I love. It is a practice I should have adopted long, long ago.


Non-traditional Christmas song of the day:
Norah Jones, "Peace."
(*not originally a Christmas song, but it has appeared on at least one Christmas album).

No comments:

Post a Comment