Saturday 2 December 2017

DPP 02: Bread for All, and to All a Good Night!


I spent most of today proctoring a rather substantial exam in a very heavily regulated environment, so I wasn't able to photograph my daytime activities. Then I joined some new friends and extended family members for a wonderful meal and time of catching up. I now have two cousins within a half-hour drive, and I am very much appreciating having family members in closer quarters.

Breaking bread with people--figuratively but also literally--is something that has been special to me for a long time (and I did take bread to dinner, but 'twas not the loaf pictured above). Long before I. and I were even dating, I tasted slices of his herb bread and told him that it was obviously worth marrying for! After we were married, the bread-baking dwindled for a while as he became busier, but it has picked up again since our latest move--I think I. makes a fresh loaf every week or two, and they are generally full of herbs and flavor. The loaf pictured above was a triumphant, delicious success, and the slices I cut (and subsequently ate) were a wonderful finale to a rich and happy evening.

Non-traditional Christmas song of the day:
Emmylou Harris, "Light of the Stable."

No comments:

Post a Comment