Friday 1 December 2017

DPP 01: Walking with Sunshine

I'm back for the December Photo Project again! This year, I'll be focusing (literally) on some of the things I love the most about our new adventure in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolis. 

One thing I love about our new home is that it is so easy to go for walks. There is a path from our complex that leads into literally miles of beautiful walking paths that wind around the entire neighborhood. I. and I have probably explored ten miles of these, in total. I am pretty sure that we have more than ten times that many miles remaining.

This is from the walk to our nearest grocery store, and the beginning (or end, depending on one's direction) of a five-mile loop that I love to walk when I have the two hours to spare:


Today was a beautiful, sunny, brisk fall day, and the sunlight on the trees and paths and leaves was just stunning. I am so grateful to have this near me, and to have the time (and the willpower) to take walks again.

Non-traditional Christmas song of the day:
Bon Jovi, "I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment