Tuesday 5 December 2017

DPP 05: Morning Has (Almost) Broken


I'm pretty sure that I landed one of my current jobs almost exclusively because, at the end of the interview, when the adjunct dean said, "How do you feel about morning classes?" I replied, "Oh! I love mornings."

. . . and that is how I ended up teaching freshman composition at 7:00 a.m.

I actually love teaching early in the morning. The sunrise is just beginning (most days), but the lights are still on along the college pathways. I am fresh and alert and have not been bogged down by the stresses of life. My coffee is fresh. My day is just beginning.

I have always loved morning classes, much (I think) to my students' general dismay. Add to the mix that when we moved to Northern Virginia I stepped out in faith, hoping to adjunct for any local school, and that this was the first class I was offered by any of the local colleges, and you will end up with the fact that Tuesday mornings are almost incontrovertibly beautiful to me. Today was one such morning, though I do not think that the photograph does it justice.


Non-traditional Christmas song of the day:
The Hit Crew, "We Wanna See Santa do the Mambo."

No comments:

Post a Comment