Wednesday 13 December 2017

DPP Day 13: Readin' with Penskes


While not in any way the best photograph I took today, this is certainly the most fun and relevant to my (hitherto unannounced) theme of Life As We Now Live It.

My Tennessee self would never have taken a day to research in the middle of finals. My new self did, today, and had a wonderful time transcribing seventeenth-century poems from my favorite manuscript.

On the way to the Folger Shakespeare Library, I had to pause between two of the Library of Congress buildings. I. and I have developed a wonderful marital tradition related to Penske trucks and kissing, and this is my evidence for the day that I saw one. In news more relevant and tasteful, this is a good photograph for its very simplicity. Every time I walk down this street, I am dazzled by the blessings that have come at this time in my life. What a gift it is to be able to visit the Folger collections on a weekly basis, and to have the leisure to do research again!

Non-traditional Christmas song of the day:
Luther Vandross, "The Mistletoe Jam."

No comments:

Post a Comment